Monday, November 14, 2011

Veronica Lake

From her seductive figure and luscious locks, Veronica Lake (born Constance Frances Marie Ockelman on November 14, 1922) was a symbol of what was sexy and beautiful in the 1940s -- and her look still resonates.

Check out the 14 photos below for her pin-up styles and bodacious hair in honor of what would have been the late actress’ birthday.













7 comments:

Dionysian Dahlia said...

Welcome Rhiannon. I like old school classy dames. Veronica Lake was such a breath of fresh air in the era of her heyday. What a lovely unexpected post!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhiannon. I like it too! :)

Just Me... said...

She was really beautiful :) Love the pics!

Rhiannon said...

Thank you everyone but I cannot claim credit. I'm using some of the material Camille forwarded until I get a chance gather my own. I really had never heard of Veronica Lake before, but I did find the quote on the girls hand I posted and will share some more music I like in between. :)

Anonymous said...

*scratches head. i'm still trying to figure out what she's doing in that photo with her hair and the cup...

Pearlescent said...

I love the last two photos. I don't know of her either but will look her up now. That's what I like about this blog. Everyone's versatility inspires to find out more about people and things I had never heard of before someone here posted it! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the dress she's wearing leaning against the chaise and the picture with a castle in the background. The two colorized shots are lovely too. :)