Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Honoring Robert Worsham



Being a disability retired Military Police K-9 Officer, I would like to honor a wonderful friend to the United States Police Canine Association (USPCA). Robert Worsham was the founder and owner of Criminalistics, Inc. He passed away on Christmas Eve, 2011.

Like myself, Bob began his canine career as a K-9 handler with the United States Air Force and then as a member of the Miami-Dade Florida Sheriff Department. His career in law enforcement led to his interest in forensics and explosives. As a working deputy, Bob noted the lack of effective tools he often needed, so he took the initiative to create them himself. When he saw a need, he filled it, and thus began his company, Criminalistics (1967) in Florida, which he operated while he was still a Deputy Sheriff with Miami Dade. Later, a branch in Morton, Washington, was added.


The Morton, Washington office is now headed by his grandson, CEO Scott Walker. His daughter, Janet, is known to most K-9 officers, as she attends many seminars and K-9 events representing Criminalistics. She currently heads the Florida office. We, at the USPCA, are saddened by the passing of a great man. The world today is a better place because of Robert Worsham. He filled it with innovative products that bettered the lives of so many officers, K-9s, and citizens. The K-9 world has lost a great friend and supporter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this Camille. It means alot. A huge blow, HUGE. Terrible loss...

Anyhoo, I love the new sidebar and I want that cowgirl license plate! andddddd I want your butterfly shit kicker boots too. How come you took down the pic???

Rainbows69 said...

I'm sorry for the personal loss Beth & Camille. I know he was an intregal asset to both of you and professionally impacted military & civilian law enforcement personnel and departments across a wide spectrum of careers.

A Touch of Class said...

How sad. My condolences.

Melody said...

:(

Anonymous said...

bummer.