Monday, March 5, 2012

Bestiality

When I first came online I was a little naïve concerning some aspects of sexual deviation. Being in the canine police field and a member of numerous local and International K9 Associations, I was known as K9Camijo for several decades and never once had a second thought about it. That is, at least not until I created a yahoo instant messenger account to expand my interaction with more canine personnel and specialized groups who exchange information with each other about various training techniques, specialties, breeds, equipment, kennel facilities, competitions, etc.

I was amazed how popular I suddenly became on yahoo. People were almost overly friendly and seemed extremely interested in getting to know me better. But after a brief bit of chat, they would oddly have little to nothing of professional value to contribute to the conversation, and yet still professed to be quite interested. Repeatedly, at some point their exuberance would dissipate, the dialogue deflate and inexplicitly, I’d never hear from them again. I remember thinking, wow there are some really weird people in the world. Why act so enthused initially and then become totally mute on the subject, or pretend to have the same background, yet no knowledge or experience to share?

One day I expressed my exasperation regarding this confusing dilemma with a friend of mine who proceeded to graciously enlighten me on the probable reason why...

At first, I absolutely positively did not believe her. My brain simply couldn’t wrap itself around what she was imparting. I kept saying, “NO WAY!” until she finally suggested I Google “bestiality” to confirm. I was so utterly appalled at the very notion such a thing may exist, let alone be prominent enough to have a formal name affixed, that I refused. She later forwarded some links from the internet I was apprehensive to even open.

Suffice it to say, after being confronted with irrefutable evidence, the true extent of my naivety really sank in and I felt like the remarkable fool that I was, in this particular instance. Not only did it exist, and on an unimaginably large scale, but far worse, it wasn’t just confined to dogs. In a knee-jerk reaction, I immediately considered deleting my K9Camijo nickname/email, and was now wholly mortified flashing back on the seemingly innocent “dog lovers” I’d encountered on yahoo. I removed them from my contact list and from then out remained hidden from open view.

But the more I thought about it, the angrier I became at how something I was incredibly proud of – an identity representing everything good and right about a historical career field dating back for many centuries... could so easily be tainted by such a thing. I finally resolved to keep my identification, partly out of sheer stubborness, but mainly because all my former students and professional friends have associated me with it for many years. I didn’t feel I should have to re-invent myself for the sole purpose of distancing a sterling reputation with one group of people from another entirely opposite group, who quite obviously mistakenly thought my nickname was some sort of badge craftily pinned to advertise for their type of sexual perversion.

Unfortunately, despite my stalwart decision, internal collateral damage was done. The fallout is I rarely engage discussing my credentials with strangers anymore and it has put a huge damper on my prior enthusiasm as a K9 consultant.

Since then, I’ve become more cautious and developed a list of specific questions and alternative measures to help me ascertain whether who I am speaking to is authentic. Admittedly, in some respects I can be a bit slow on the uptake and childishly trusting because I was raised to give everyone I encounter an initial benefit of the doubt. However, once sprayed by a skunk I’m a very swift learner and will quickly lock and load. On a positive note, it’s a great tool for undercover stings. The moral of the story is, as a result of that unsavory initiation, it came as no surprise for me to see the following Huff Post article in their CRIME section:


Arizona 'Swingers' Accused Of Seeking Dog for Sex on Craigslist (VIDEO)


http://www.kpho.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6791574

Three self-described "swingers" from Arizona including a couple said to be in an open marriage have been accused of using Craigslist to look for a dog for the woman to have sex with, ABC 15 News reports.

Deputies arrested Shane Walker, 38, his wife Sarah Dae, 34, and Dae's reported lover Robert Aucker, 29, on the charge of conspiracy to commit bestiality, the Daily Mail reports.

The arrest was the end result of an undercover operation that went on for weeks as the three used Craigslist to correspond with someone who they believed to be the owner of a golden retriever, according to the paper.

In reality, the correspondent was an undercover deputy, according to CBS 5 News. The deputy exchanged a series of e-mails with the threesome and convinced them to drive to a location where he would meet them with the dog. When the party showed up, they were arrested.

Shane Walker and Sarah Dae told deputies at the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office that they are "swingers" who engage in an "open" marriage and that Aucker, their third partner in crime, was a former lover of Dae's, the Tuscon Citizen reports.

According to deputies, Dae told Aucker that she had always dreamed of having sex with a dog.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said the case is the third in the past year in which Craigslist has been used to facilitate planned acts of bestiality, which is illegal in Arizona.

"I remain extremely disappointed in the leadership at Craigslist.com for refusing to do what they can to stop this," Arpaio told CBS 5 News. "While they aren't doing anything to stop it, I will continue to enforce all animal cruelty laws."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a subject normlly hush-hush but now surfacing elsewhere too. Not wanting to upset anyone's apple cart, but here's a link to an another article I would love to hear your take on Camille. http://hardincountyconservatives.blogspot.com/2011/12/us-senate-passes-bill-to-legalize-sex.html

Dionysian Dahlia said...

One reason I like it here is having a venue for tackling taboo topics without a public outpouring of heated controversy surrounding it. Brava Camille! :)

Soulstar said...

Thank you Dahlia. I think there’s a big difference between heated controversy and healthy debate. One is a waste of time and space but the other is very useful shining valid light on different angles we might otherwise never contemplate.

An apple a day keeps the Doctor away, eh, Sonya? I’m afraid I may disappoint because I choose not to share my take on David Bellow’s opinions. I believe our readers are intelligent enough to know they only highlight his (and others) most favored slants regarding a far greater picture.

Every subject has kernels of gritty truth available as well as room for a lot of bullwawa. I see some of both being spread around daily. I suppose the base question is how far in the muck is one willing to go in either direction? I’m just a proponent of putting it out there with no intent to sway anyone beyond fair considerations.

Anonymous said...

"bullwawa"? let me quess, a cross between a Bulldog and a Chihuahua? LOL (they used that term on SNL not too long ago)

Luckycharm said...

yikes. It's too early in the morning here for me to respond to something like this. I'll try to make it back after breakfast.

Aussie Alice said...

Speechless here. I think this article is powerful enough it speaks for itself.

kimmie coco puff said...

I don't even know what to say to this. It's beyond me that people do such things!