Monday, October 10, 2011

A Color I Couldn't Speak


At first I mistook, missed the sharp hook
Lost worms of truth were dangling
Thoughts astray, regrouped today
Tunnel vision slipped off path
Replaced by new insight
Seemingly better worn.
I see glimpses now
Odd spurts, random surges
Past parts of me pieces
That won’t reconnect
To proper fit puzzles
Forming pictures
Yet to be.
Slow motion delay
Between “getting it”
Not wanting to get it,
Acquiescing, letting go
Releasing a dream
So stubbornly gripped
You must pry it loose from your heart
To continue on life’s grueling path
Without false shine
To light the way.
Still, I must thank you
In the gritty aftermath
For helping me scream out
A color I could not speak:
Merciless Murderous
Breast Cancer
Pink.


*Honoring Catherine*
Poem & Memorial Video by Camille




12 comments:

Cherries Jubilee said...

Camille
My words are lost in me, to say what I feel--So I will simply put it-- Catherine would be very proud of you, just as I am. Much Love Your Aunt.

Soulstar said...

awww, thank you. *tight hug. I was just about to delete this post when a friend relayed it's too serious here. (in general I guess, not this post specifically) But I think I'll let it stand. Cathy did lose her life to breast cancer, so what better way is there to express important awareness on the subject?

Just Me... said...

*hugsssss* I love the ending of the poem, and love you!

Just Me... said...

p.s. this video always gets to me

Luckycharm said...

It is the designated time to increase consciousness about prevention, early detection, and raising funds for research. I commend your courage posting serious topics Camille, especially ones painfully personal. I'm sure you were mute on the matter for a long while and can understand why. You certainly have my utmost respect and support for sharing this moving tribute to Catherine.

Dionysian Dahlia said...

Camille, I'm not sure if you realise it, but you certainly have a way of breaking through the average person's emotional barriers. Your rolling credits almost ripped my heart out. I cannot fathom how you have withstood the pain of losing someone you loved so completely. At the same time it also made me marvel and have to wonder if anyone has ever loved me even half as much. I'm so glad you did not delete this. It made me consider things I often don't in ways I should, and I'm not just referring to breast cancer...

Soulstar said...

Thank you Jasmin, Amber, & Tasha.

Rainbows69 said...

Being on the receiving end of your endless support to my personal struggle with cancer, I feel blessed and can only say thank you for being my staunchest supporter and reliable true friend. Sometimes your thoughtfulness and tenderness is the only incentive helping me rise to fight another day, Camille. I know that can't possibly be easy for you under this circumstance and at times feel guilty I've survived this long knowing Cathy didn't. I'm so sorry you lost the love of your life and your entire community when you left to take care of her, but very happy you have chosen to move forward now and created Chatterotica. You touched so many people's lives in the past through such positive ways we felt lost without you. I hope you never leave again and will soon interact on those levels I can see you no longer freely do. *hugsss.

tea4two said...

The pictures of her growing up are adorable Camille. I'm amazed you managed to fit an entire poignant journey into less than 5 minutes. Five moments I feel incredibly humbled you shared. I don't know that anyone will honor me after I am gone or if I would even deserve to be, but you remind how deep an impact we are capable of making.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem complete viewing this without the riveting narrative you wrote to go with it, in the original posting at another site. I meant to ask where you found the angel pics used in the video, Cam, but was so blown away by the combination of the video and insight you shared, I forgot.

Anonymous said...

Okay this my emotional quota for the day. You know speed & adrenaline takes priority with me. But you also know when I say the least is when I feel the most about something. Will call you tonight so we can play catch up. *hugssssssssssssssss

Soulstar said...

awww, Annie. First of all, thank you for such kind words but you give me far too much credit and not nearly enough to your own self! Second, if I didn't know a thing or two about survivor's guilt I'd probably react very differently to your saying such a thing on that, but I understand what you meant. *hugsss.

Suzanne, thank you. I agree, she was an adorable little girl and grew up to be a beautiful woman inside and out! :)

Beth, I didn't find those angel pics, I actually took them. They are shots of an angel paperweight Cathy bought me to put with a shrine I had set up for my little sister who (damn the irony) had passed away from cancer before she & I met.