Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sugar Rush

Meet 15-year-old Kim, who has just moved to Brighton and developed an earth-shattering, hormone-surging crush on her new best friend, Sugar.

Sugar Rush is a novel based television series based in Brighton, England. It features around a 15-year-old 'queer virgin', Kim, and her heart wrenching adoration for her best friend, Sugar.
Amidst Kim's school girl crush, she must also face life at home with her unconventional and, at times, bizarre family.

Through Kim's story, we see the development of a young lesbian woman, and the challenges each and every one of us may face at one point or another.
Sugar Rush is a story many of us will be able to relate to, in some way or another. Whether it's the eccentric family, the gay tendencies or that one little crush that just won't subside, no matter how much we want it to!

When I was going through my young teenage sexual identity crisis, I found myself relating to so many things in Kim's life. I, too, had a crush on my best friend, who I eventually had a year long romance with.

Watching Sugar Rush as a young woman who's 'been there and done it' (so to speak), ignites those old memories of the irresistible sights of a woman I never imagined I would see more of.
Seeing Kim pore over her friend's breasts, and that irrevocable up-skirt peek makes for nostalgic and heart-warming viewing.

Kim: [praying] "Dear God, please stop me perving over Sugar and help me find me a fit guy to perv over instead. Or if it turns out you're OK with the whole same-sex thing, then stop Sugar messing me about and help her find her way into my bed."
Maybe you could relate to Kim, too...

Sugar Rush

8 comments:

Just Me... said...

I actually watched the television show this past summer! I loved it :) It was so entertaining, funny and real. I have yet to read the novel but I'm sure it's great!
Awesome post :)

Alexandra Savannah said...

Thank you for the lovely comment, Just Me! :)

I wholeheartedly agree with all of your points, it's definitely up there as one of my favourite ever TV shows.

The novel is written by Julie Burgess and is a fabulous read. After the first series of the TV show aired, she was inspired to create a sequel to 'Sugar Rush' which is called 'Sweet' and is from Sugar's point of view!

I'm yet to read the sequel, but I'm looking out for it every time I visit the library.

Best,
Alexandra x

Rainbows69 said...

This is a wonderful first post, Alexandra! Unfortunately I cannot view the videos. It says the service is not currently available in this area. :(

Alexandra Savannah said...

Thank you so much, Rainbows! I wouldn't be here without you, so I really owe you one for giving me the initial invite to Chatterotica. Thank you!

I did wonder about regional restrictions... and I found that YouTube is also showing the series, so you may be able to view it there. I really hope so!

Best,
Alexandra x

Just Me... said...

I heard about the sequel as well! Unfortunately when I was reading up about it, it doesn't have Kim in it really. It's from Sugar's point of view and in the future, Kim is only mentioned a couple of times in it.

Soulstar said...

A fantastic first post, Alexandra! What a bummer we can't view the vid, but I'm an avid reader so will try to find the book! :)

kimmie coco puff said...

Awesome first post. I'll have to look into buying the book, or perhaps checking out the series. Thanks Alex for the info:)

Anonymous said...

will check it out too. thx alex & welcome to chatters! =)