"Top Model tryout, did i make it Tyra?"
"I hide, you try to find me. Deal?"

"Just let me sleep, I've been up all night".

"was that me who passed gas? damn peanuts".

"I know I'm pretty, you don't have to take 100 pictures".
A place to share diverse interests, eclectic tastes, experiences, expertise, erotica, literature, fashion, film, art, music, photography, poetry, travel, humor, hobbies, cultures, & world events. If you have a Google account, feel free to offer feedback via comments on our members posts.
6 comments:
Very nice, Kimmie; I recognize these from past photo ops at the SA Zoo. Different dates, different weather, different lighting, different cameras, and different photographers but the same feathered friends! :) It kind makes me wonder how many millions of times they will each be photographed over the course of their lifetimes.
I like the photos and your commentary! :)
Thanks kimmie. I marvel about the eyes of birds... and wonder whether they are just various colors like human ones or if their colors are meant to help different species survive in certain environments?
The brilliant colors of birds have inspired poets and nature lovers, but researchers at Yale University and the University of Cambridge say these existing hues represent only a fraction of what birds are capable of seeing. The findings based on study of the avian visual system, reported in the June 23 issue of the journal Behavioral Ecology, show that over millions of years of evolution plumage colors went from dull to bright as birds gradually acquired the ability to create newer pigments and structural colors. There are a few known facts about bird vision and color but recent science has found birds have a much broader perception of color compared to humans. They can see four or five photo-pigment types depending on the species, while humans can only see three.
Many animals — including not only birds, but some mammals, fish, reptiles, even crustaceans and insects navigate by sensing the direction of Earth’s magnetic field. Physicist Klaus Schulten of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign proposed in the late 1970s that bird navigation relied on some geomagnetically sensitive, as-yet-unknown biochemical reaction taking place in their eyes.
Research since then has revealed the existence of special optical cells containing a protein called cryptochrome. When a photon enters the eye, it hits cryptochrome, giving a boost of energy to electrons that exist in a state of quantum entanglement. Quantum entanglement is a state where electrons are spatially separated, but able to affect one another. It’s been proposed that birds’ eyes contain entanglement-based compasses.
I could go on but I'm sure that's already much more than anyone cared to know. Daryl's comment brought this to mind.
Lovely post, Kimmie.
You hit the nail on the head DD.
Thanks all for enjoying this post:)
such funny captions! i love the pics too :)
Post a Comment