Friday, November 4, 2011

For Lady Stetson

I've been reading the archives and saw your memorial to your partner. It so moved me I wanted to share this Pink Glove Dance video, even though Breast Cancer month is over. I arrived too late to post anything for awareness then. I hope no one minds.




7 comments:

kimmie coco puff said...

OMG Claire! Reminds me of my work atmosphere! I love love love love it! http://youtu.be/RsmKSwOEzcY

Was a video the OR staff made while bored:) I filmed it and I'm the nerd saying "cut". LOL!

Alexandra Savannah said...

What a lovely awareness video. I have big tears in my eyes. They did a great job, thanks for sharing!

Soulstar said...

Good Morning, Claire. I was not expecting this and am very overwhelmed; it has taken me several tries before able to adequately reply.

There are so many memories attached with that particular 4 and a half years of my journey with Cathy. The significance of our daily interaction with doctors, technicians, and any number of hospital personnel encountered through various shifts performing different duties simply cannot be overstated.

I don't know if they fully comprehend what it's like to be on the other side of the counter but their compassionate, caring attitudes are what helped both of us get through many rough patches involved.

Albeit different names and faces, this video represents all those we came to know... after awhile it seemed that was our home, as we eventually spent more time in hospitals and doctor's offices than our own.

Thank you for this extremely thoughtful, uplifting post. After my initial waterworks I've viewed it twice more and cannot help but smile in appreciation for all those in the medical field. I hope they realize what a huge impact they have on all patients, family members, and caregivers.

Blessings, ~Camille

Anonymous said...

A touching video & comments.

Welcome Claire. :)

Just Me... said...

Very nice awareness vid :) So glad you shared it!

Rainbows69 said...

I've met a ton of these miracle workers over the past decade. In my experience 80% have been just like the personnel in this video appear. However, there is always a small percentage who are not...

A lovely debut post, Claire! :)

Luckycharm said...

Great post, Claire! :)