Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Kimmie's Missing DWR

Love like no other.........

What is the measure of love???
To quote one of my favorite authors Jannette Winterson, she writes, "Many waters can not quench love, nor can many waters drown it." Can that be the measure of love?
Love is one of the greatest feelings known to man. "It demands expression, it will not stay still, stay silent, be good, be modest, be seen and not heard".
I have seen many types of love...love imposters. Only one love comes to mind, Agape love. It is a love my mother always talked about. Agape means without limitations...unconditional. I never once remember myself thinking..."I will love you if you love me back...or I will love you if you clean up your life".

There is another quote from Winterson that made me think.."Can Love have texture"? Maybe she means it literally but I always think in a non literal sense. No one person can break love down to a science. There is no molecular structure or ions producing its energy. Love is as mysterious as our universe. But yet we still know its there and feel its every move. Crazy huh? Maybe love does have measure...width, length, height, and mass. And maybe it also has texture....the texture that comes to mind is soft. But love to me is a love that can never be measured or weighed...it is without limitations...it is vast and as far as the eye can see.

1 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I like this alot Kimmie. Thank you for reposting it Jenny.