Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November DWR results



Beyond Borders

Suppose we met?
Suppose we became more than, ourselves?
Would we ever then truly meet?

Finding ourselves, beyond borders, beyond lands reached.
Soaring beyond this reality and into our own.
You’ve kissed my soul and laughed because it warmed you.
You’ve touched the artery that brings oxygen to my blood.
Beyond borders and walls, you’ve captured me, still.

Unable to move, I travel to you.
Sleepy yet so wide awake.
Dreams don’t exist, nor does separation.

Found in you, I live soaring in the expanse of you.
Humbling moving through life, living with in your wings.
You’ve breathed life into this soulless body.
You’ve purged my heart to beat, giving me life again.
Beyond boarders and walls, you’ve possessed me, whole.

Kimmie coco puff
7 Nov 2011
________________________________________________________



Escalated, an eternity lost

Where do you go ‘in the moment’
Where do you row a real time fleet?
No anchor to past
No buoy to future
Split second decisions
Leading anywhere – nowhere
Travelling there - to here
A twist, a turn
Then back again
Repeating manic parrot
Frozen speechless, indecisive
Everywhere transformed
Warped stagnant, rutted
Hovering, gutted
No path, no plan
No hope, no fear
Too far, too near
Bags packed, blank maps
The clearest slate an unclear state
The firth of forth,
Medusa revisited
As tie racks & g-strings
Morph adore into abhor

Where to go in the moment
Where to row a finer fleet
No anchor to future
No challenge to meet
No buoy to past
Nor friends to greet
How long does pure thought last
Before it turns impure?
Before it escalates, decelerates
To flesh washed
Machinery?

A dying soul has pride
It wants to leave a trace
Unmask its ugly ride
Graffiti has its place
Foreswear the mighty tide
Each cog mucks into paste
Blood trickling bites
A Sylvan Wye
Of mercury taste
Each mangled slice
Expanse of waste
Left unidentified
To face a face defaced;
All fondly recognized
Has been erased

Camille Cheek
17 Nov 2011

________________________________________________________



Awakening in my dream.
I know this place...
All these places
But not this moment.

Escalators like clockwork
Swimming in the surf.

Shoppers fill these halls
Before the tide comes in.

I came here to go swimming
But why am I dressed for work?

Marble walls enclosing
No sky above
Chilled sand below
Can this be my tomb?

One tick, this all seems normal
Two ticks, it can't be right.

Three ticks, its both at once.
Oh no, what comes after three?

Sinking up to madness
Rising down to terror
Walking neither flying
Shrinking standing still.

Suddenly, I can't name a thing
Names, numbers, colors or sounds.
And now I've lost my voice
Silent screaming in my mind.

Try to focus on the wet
Forgotten what the wet is called.

Panic encloses up to join the scream
Please help me close my eyes.

I look for signs to help my escape
Certain I can't read.

I want to swallow down the bile
Tongue, neck, throat control all gone.

Wake me from this
Take me from this
Tell me I'm still sleeping
Promise me I'll forget.

Jenny
18 Nov 2011

________________________________________________________


I look into my eyes,
And wonder how it can be...

Ups and downs try to define me,
Water tries to drown me.

I tell myself to walk on water,
I tell myself to hold on a bit longer,

My head is in the clouds,
My heart is under the ground,
My legs are in the sea,
I fall up, 
And swim through the debris...

Nothing is around me,
The possibilities are vast,
And you may ask what they are,
And let's be honest...
Reaching down deep,
Certainly leaves scars.

I dare you to look a bit further,
I dare you to reach down,
I dare you to stand up...
And tell me what you see.

Jasmin(Just Me)
28 Nov 2011



12 comments:

Rainbows69 said...

I enjoyed the soft optimism of Kimmie's poem, the bold grittiness of Camille's, the contemplative introspection of Jenny's, and the taunt of Jasmin's daring its reader to dig deeper! :)

Soulstar said...

I accidently forwarded my rough draft Jas, but that’s okay, it might be better than the final draft. Lol Big kudo’s to you for picking out such a great picture for us to use! I’ve lost track of whose choice it is next, maybe Eric’s? Kimmie, Jenny, & Jasmin I enjoyed all three of your poems and thank each of you for participating in our November Detouring Writer’s Block Challenge. Really terrific writing! :)

Anonymous said...

Jas, great choice, I was really into the photo! I meant to enter but forgot although Gina reminded me. Work has been hectic and I lost track. Sorry about that. I did start on one, I just never finished it. Cam, I think you’re next in rotation, my turn was for January but we can switch if you need to. I know you’re busy on another project. Girls, your poems were fantastic! Thanks for sharing them!

Just Me... said...

Thanks!

Eric: Feel free to still put something up! It can be individual or I can add it into this :)

Kimmie: I absolutely loved your poem, and the whole concept...kind of the ephemeral and yet it was tangible at the same time

Camille: "blood trickling bites" and lines like those really struck me! I really liked your poem.

Jenny: Your poem reminded me from those times where nightmares are in our waking dreams. It was really powerful

Anonymous said...

jas, jen, kim & cam: these are grrreat! =)

kimmie coco puff said...

I'm truly amazed by these poems. Camille, you have such a way with words. you've inspired me! Jenny, through your writing I get a chance of seeing where your mind and soul travel. It's truly exciting. Jasmin, your inner depth is at work and proves you to be as attainable as the stars. seems no wind can capture your essence. You are a RARITY.

I always say, " if a song is in your heart and you feel it, just sing". Same with poetry and spoken word. "just sing"......

Cheers everyone, glad you enjoyed DWR....:)

A Touch of Class said...

These are all wonderfully written and very thought provoking. Thank you!

Rhiannon said...

I'm glad you added a workshop Camille. I hope to learn how to turn my journal entries into poetry like you said is possible. But I don't think I could ever write as well as all of you. These are beautiful.

Just Me... said...

Thanks!

You're a rarity Kimmie! :)

Dionysian Dahlia said...

Brilliant writing!

Jenny said...

I've heard echo's of what I wanted to say in each of these. Kimmie, yours was the most uplifting, bringing more hope, nay soaring..., into your view. Camille and Jas, I felt a kinship in your posts with mine. Before I sent mine in I told Jas that my overall theme was confusion. I sensed the same in yours. And I didn't necessarily mean confusion in a bad way. =)

Jenny said...

Oh and thanks to all for your kind comments. It means a lot.