Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake



Prep Time:
30 Min

Cook Time:
40 Min

Ready In:
4 Hrs 10 Min


Ingredients

• 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 eggs
• 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
• 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 pinch ground cloves
• 1 pinch ground nutmeg
• 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.

Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.

Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.




*If you have any inquiries, requests, or submissions for this chatter team, please send them to: bonappetit011@gmail.com

10 comments:

Rainbows69 said...

Yummmmm!

Anonymous said...

Using this recipe as directed was wonderful; although, it was more of a cheese pie than cheesecake. I tried again, and instead of using all the spices individually I used pumpkin pie spice and made several alterations by using a springform pan with a crust made out of crumbled gingersnaps. I added more to the cream cheese layer and used more pumpkin for a more pumpkin flavor. For an elegant top (can also cover up cracks), I bought a folded frozen pie crust and used tiny leaf shaped cookie cutters to cut out leaves which I brushed with butter and cooked separately. Once the cheesecake was cooked I placed the leaves all over the top and then drizzled with carmel. I left out whipped topping all together. It was very elegant and still tasted just as good. However, with the spring form pan and extra cream cheese layer, I had to cook it much longer.

Darylicious said...

This just gears me up to pig out on Thanksgiving! lol

Anonymous said...

it does me too, daryl! =)

Anonymous said...

we have a cheesecake and a pumpkin pie - if I mixed them together - no? *sigh. I didn't think so. I'll just rotate with a quick bite of one, quick bite of other... :P

tea4two said...

lol Good luck with that shortcut Jess and let us know how it works out. It might shave off some cooking time for next year! ;)

Anonymous said...

I apologize for already screwing up Camille. I accidently posted this under my own name instead of using the teams bon appetit one.

Soulstar said...

No worries Crystal, and by the way Welcome! I didn't realize this was meant to be a team post. I thought it was your debut post just sharing a favorite pumpkin pie cheesecake recipe. LOL (Rhiannon didn't tell me you were on our culinary team.) I'll be doing a formal welcome post soon once a few other newcomers have had a chance to look around and settle in. :)

Rhiannon said...

oops! I'm sorry about that Camille. I just updated the teams in your post below. :)

kimmie coco puff said...

How did i over look this recipe?!?! Two of my favorite things all in one, thank the LORD! I kinda like Foxy's suggestions too. Now i know what I'm making for Christmas!!! Thank you Crystal for posting this. Is this your recipe?