Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bluesy



Bluesy

Oh, Bluesy’s come a callin’
I can’t contain excitement
If you knew bluesy you’d know why
You’d know whyyyyyy
You’d try to steal her magic
To call your own
And I can’t have that
No, I can’t have that
It’s something I won’t share;
Claim for myself
Alone

Me & Bluesy
We harmonize our souls
Beat the drums of our pulses
From soft tapping to hard pound
Where there’s nothing we won’t try
To capture an elusive sigh
We haven’t found
on
Satin
Sheets

Me & Bluesy
We get stoned on our love
Smoking scarlet serenity
Sensual saxophone waves
Contained longing in a bong
Reverberates our hearts
Violins freely play
Every bow of our sex
A never ending climax
Of sweet crashing couplets
And rainbow waterfalls
We’re a circle of completion
She ends where I begin
I begin where she ends
And she’s come a’callin
So I must answer
I have to go
Answer
n
o
w


~Camille Cheek
Copyright © 2010


All rights reserved.

10 comments:

White Owl Poet Society said...

Amazing artistry in this piece! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I could feel the rhythm of it. Just beautiful Camille! :)

Enigma said...

Welcome back Camille and thank you... reading this just made my otherwise mundane lunch break special!

Jenny said...

Smoking scarlet serenity

I like that line a lot =)

Jenny said...

Oh and the whole poem too

Anonymous said...

There she is. You sure this isn't bruisey instead of bluesy? lol Sorry you took a spill, Cam. It never would have happened if I'd been there to help you out. I'm lovin this poem. It's so upbeat and reminiscent I miss hanging out with you. Those were some of the best days of my life.

Rhiannon said...

Welcome back Camille. I hope you are feeling at least a little better. Your poem Bluesy has a down home bluesy feel!

Soulstar said...

Thank you Whitney, Crystal, Rose, Jenny, Beth (I miss you too) & Rhiannon! :)

Rainbows69 said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this poem is delicious enough to eat! ;)

United Poets Network said...

She does have an enticing way of getting readers to chew on her thoughts. I daresay if her poetic nuggets produced calories I'd be obese by now! ;)