Thursday, December 22, 2011

I'm grateful

That I had a beautiful lover for as many years as I was blessed to before she passed away.

That a recent fall from my roof did not require any surgeries and although sore and still black & blue I am otherwise okay and slowly healing from it.

That unexpected assistance came my way via a total stranger to help me do some very important things that have needed doing since 3 years ago.

That the desk I made looks great and fits perfect in my study.

That I was able to pay my gas bill and have heat this winter.

That my dog who escaped many months ago and I thought was surely dead reappeared last night looking healthy and happy to be home, which means someone with a very good heart has been taking care of him.

That the Iraq War is over and surviving military personnel are rejoining their families.



May many more wars end and less ever begin. I pray everyone can focus on all the things they are grateful for this season.

8 comments:

Clairvoyant said...

You have a way of putting things in the proper perspective with a minimal amount of effort Camille.

Darylicious said...

Alot of strong points in this John Lennon song and video. I hope the transition goes well for all the men & women coming home.

kimmie coco puff said...

Juno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see you soon buddy!

Anonymous said...

glad the pup came back, that you're okay and our troops safe home! =)

Anonymous said...

Somber vid Camille. Thank you for the reminder. I do have much to be thankful for! :)

Melody said...

This video stirs serious thought. Welcome home to your compadres Camille and thank you for providing this wonderful blog. I'm enjoying my time here.

Mary said...

Merry Christmas Camille and yes, we have much to be thankful for in our lives.

A Touch of Class said...

Hooray for the troops safely home! :)