Sunday, April 8, 2012

Local Blurbs

I apologize for dropping the ball, Cam. I shouldn't volunteer for something and then not follow through, but things got busy hectic with my trip to Houston thrown in unexpected. I missed putting out the word on time for yesterday’s Team Reyes bake sale “Owl Walk for a Cure” to benefit the National Kidney Foundation, but I hear tell the Brown Bag Benefit @ the Community Center did well raising funds for Relay for Life last Thursday!

April’s Hootenanny was cancelled. It will gather @ 11AM on Friday, May 4. Bring a covered dish and instruments. :) Also, the High School One Act Play drama group will perform Shakespeare’s “Taming of the Shrew” for the public, free of charge, Tuesday, April 10, at 8 p.m. in the activity center. The High School Student Council is hosting a Talent Show Thursday, April 12, starting at 6:30 p.m. in the HHS Activity Center. Adults $5, Youth $3, 2 & under free.

The Masonic Lodge is holding a spaghetti dinner and silent auction fundraiser @ 2607 Avenue Q, Sat., April 14, 5:30–7 p.m. Plates are $6.50 with take-out available. American Legion Hal Jones Post #128 will host their spring fellowship meal Monday, April 16, at the Medina County Fair Hall. Social begins at 6 p.m. with meal to follow. The Regional Hospital Auxiliary Charity Gala will be on Friday, April 27, @ The Grande Hall at Hofmann Ranch from 7-11 p.m. The 5th annual D’Hanis Lions Club BBQ cook-off is Friday & Saturday, April 27-28.

Rock-n-Cedars Square Dance Club meets 6-8:30 p.m. Sundays at Rick Taylor Recreation Center. Lessons are from 5-7 p.m. Sister’s Inc. Women’s group meets the 3rd Wed. each month at 10 a.m. at the Hondo Art League bldg. on Harper Rd. The South Texas Area Farm and Ranch Agriculture/Agribusiness Club meets monthly at Aggie Park, 6205 West Ave., in San Antone.

AARP is hosting free tax help sessions every Friday through April 13, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. @ the Hondo Public Library. Bring 1098s, 1099s, W-2s, property taxes paid in 2011, your 2010 tax return and any items that pertain to your taxes. You must have Social Security cards for all members included on your tax return. For more info visit www.aarp.org/taxaide or toll-free call: 1-888-227-7669.

I saved the best for last, country music legend Ray Price will perform at Cailloux Theater in Kerrville Sunday, April 29, at 3 p.m. For tickets, call 830-896-9393 or visit www.caillouxtheater.com.

3 comments:

Soulstar said...

On behalf of local viewers, thank you Sonya, and Happy Easter! :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Ray Price was still alive. Wow, and still singing? I haven't heard his name in years. I'll check my schedule Sonya. I'd like to go to that!

BacktheBlue said...

Gosh, Sony, I remember old Ray's 'Heartaches by the Number' album, but like Monique, didn't realize he was still living let alone traveling around Texas performing. Good for him! :)