Friday, September 30, 2011

Beautiful Lies

As often happens, a particular song will inspire me to write a piece I never saw coming. This was one such experience. As I heard this song for the very first time I was overcome with emotion and penned the poem beneath the clip.



Beautiful Lies

Song of Yellow
A tribute to cold-play
Tugs forth a haunt of longing
Pulling me to spiral back
To places deceptively warm
Dancing in fake sunshine
Through rays of beautiful lies
Where I sat upon your mound
So filled to naive core,
Never knowing more than tease
Toward touching true love
Believing, everything you told me
Believing, every time you held me
Believing our satin song of yellow
Would go on and on and on,
Until our kiss dissipated
Unraveling the bow

Yes, I know it’s not real, but could I feel it anyway?
Surely it’s not any harder to spout pretty lies
To someone who now knows for a fact they are?

Song of yellow ------- I really miss you
Please come back out and play me, Play me, play.
Let me dance with abandonment once more
In and out between your red hot cheating rays

Oh, I need to feel some sunshine, I need to feel the sunshine
Something, something, something, to thaw this chill away

So C'mon. Tell me. I Trust You.
Get over here, lay down, and tell me
Your most beautiful mother-fucking lies
And I'll promise to pretend
I believe them


Camille Cheek
21 Dec 2009

10 comments:

Darylicious said...

WOW.

Anonymous said...

Sh*t, woman, you sure know how to grip the head, the heart, AND the nether regions with some of your poetry. I've listened repeatedly but still can't seem to get enough -the combination of that song with your poem is just so -compelling!

Anonymous said...

I'm don't feel qualified to comment on something like this, but I will say 'that I get it' and it blew me away, and it also left me wanting to read more of your poetry! =)

Mary said...

Wonderful Camille, my only wish that I somehow could grip emotion like that.

Luckycharm said...

Okay then. I think Jenny would be proud to know my mouth is agape. ;)

(In a good way, Camille) - I am rendered speechless.

kimmie coco puff said...

I still remember this song and when you sent it to me for a video. it's been on my playlist since. my imagination goes wild.......

Enigma said...

Camille, two words come to mind: exquisite & poignant, which is really surprising, because I don’t normally use either in the course of a given day. I think this blog has helped me raise the bar in that respect. I love the poem and the music. Thank you.

Dionysian Dahlia said...

I understand exactly what you meant, Beth. The music with the poem has a trance like effect when combined.

Several things stand out for me. The line “Where I sat upon your mound so filled to naive core,” portrays such innocent vulnerability I could feel its throb physically.

The whole concept of having discovered your relationship is based on a lie or lie(s)and yet still being so helplessly in love (or addicted to this person) you are willing to overlook that horrid stain or play pretend in a furtive attempt to once again experience how beautiful it seemed before you saw truths ugly light… well, you did an excellent job portraying that contradiction of emotions and the associated turmoil involved under such a circumstance. Brava, Camille!

Soulstar said...

Thank you everyone. What I find perplexing is oft times the source of the chill is the only one capable of thawing it out. Unfortunately, in most cases, that is rarely how the story ends…

Rainbows69 said...

They may have the power to, but greedy vixens are unwillingly to put forth that kind of effort, Camille. All they know how to do is to take, take, TAKE. Once you no longer serve a pliable purpose they will vanish to go find another persons mind to fuck with or heart to break.