
Just a quick note to relay I'm working very hard to keep up with current changes in technology. Depending on my learning curve and budget we may have some exciting new things available fairly soon. You may have noticed a few random changes occurring and I appreciate your patience while I test out different features to ascertain which may be the most compatible, user friendly, or affordable to implement. I want to thank our members busy volunteering at several different locations to help me determine whether we want to house Chatterotica elsewhere in the event those features cannot be comfortably streamlined into blogspot.
For the moment, I can say we’ve teamed up in web support of Amber Alert & America’s Most Wanted, so from time to time important information related to both entities will be shared here. You just never know who might be reading that may recognize or unbeknownst to them have critical knowledge that could save someone’s life, perhaps even their own. I believe that chance, no matter how slim, is well worth the effort it takes someone to post or read about it. If nothing else, it can serve as a greater awareness tool for unsuspecting people to be more vigilant in their daily lives. I appreciate everyone humoring me on two avenues I feel strongly about.
Speaking of ways to reach out to the public through social venues, I have something else to share about a friend and fellow poet, affectionately known as bon-bon aka Pearls333, who was one of my moderators on Starz for many years. I would like for her to share her own story with you as soon as she is able to, but in a nutshell, she needs a kidney. Although she has been on a waiting list for awhile, before long it may be too late. I have promised to do whatever I can to try to help her find a matching donor who is A+. There are other tests involved but I’ll let her explain the details.
Bon-bon is on dialysis Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of each week and the days between those are spent trying to recover from that grueling process. As soon as she is next able I will get her on here to tell her story, which incredibly started with Lyme Disease, but also so she can participate in our community. She has lost most of her poetic material which, as with Annie’s poetry, I’m still trying to get off of my old hard drive where I had previously saved many member’s poems in case of emergency. In the meantime I will try to find any posts she shared on other poetry boards that may still exist so I can feature it here. I hope everyone will join me in welcoming her when she shows up.


5 comments:
Cami, first off, I'm sorry to hear of your friend bon-bon's medical troubles. I wish her Godspeed in finding a kidney donor.
On a different subject, I downloaded Paltalk's free messenger but still can't get in the chatroom. (?)
From your dashboard, you'll need to add me as a pal and I must also add you as my pal. Once that's done click our voice room url and wahlah! Except, if I'm not in the room it will say room closed. An admin or moderator must be present to weed out the riffraff who pop in and out on occasion. We need volunteers to rotate out certain time frames if we want it to be accessible 24/7.
Thanks for adding Equine's link to your sidebar Camille! :)
You're very welcome Sonya. :)
Welcome Bon-bon. Lyme Disease? Doesn't that originate from a tick bite? Some time ago I read about a female celebrity who was struck very ill by Lyme Disease for about 5 years, but I can't remember her name or whether she ever recovered. This is only the second time I've heard the term. It sounds like something people should know more about. Good luck to you.
Post a Comment