Thursday, April 5, 2012
Spider Silk
Posted by
Anonymous
at
9:59 AM
Shigeyoshi Osaki a researcher at Japan's Nara Medical University has created violin strings from spider silk. The sound produced is said to have a 'soft and profound timbre' in comparison to normal steel or gut strings. Here's a sample of the music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I love violins and have tons of spider photos I've taken over the years. I'm also allergic to spider bites and almost died from one, therefore I have the utmost respect for them. Brown Recluse and Black Widows are quite prominent in our area. Thank you cricket; great post! :)
some webs are so strong its like fishing line - nature is cool - thanks crick. =)
Cricket you cheated! What happened to the bunny herding sheep video?
These were showing at the tail end of the one you posted and I liked them better, lol.
I've never heard anyone say they like spiders better than bunnies! ICK
Post a Comment